We are looking for an experienced Generator Service Technician to work on new generator installations, generator maintenances, and generator service. These would mostly be residential generators. You will get your own company truck and work under the direction of our Residential/Generator Production Manager. We provide benefits paid at 100% and offer a steady work schedule. You should have solid skills in troubleshooting, and a good knowledge of proper safety procedures. We reward hard work and customer satisfaction. If you enjoy working in a team environment where your contributions are valued, then please contact us today.
- Test generator systems using tools to determine where issues may be occurring, the safety of the system, and to ensure everything is working properly.
- Document actions, testing results, observations of the situation, and steps taken to resolve issues for each job.
- Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely, and report any issues to the immediate supervisor
- Maintain a safe environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements.
- Use ladders, scaffolding, and lifts to work on electrical systems in residential homes
- Train and mentor apprentices
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Completed generator training
- Proficiency with the National Electrical Code and local codes
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to install new generators
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as an electrician
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with customers.